Real Estate Styling & Home Staging FAQ's
Royal Court Condo Uptown
1. What is Real estate Styling or staging?
2. Why is real estate styling & Staging necessary?
3. Is real estate styling & Staging expensive?
4. How does the process work?
5. Why should I style and stage an empty house?
6. Will I get a return on the money I spend?
WHAT EXACTLY IS real estate STyling or home stAGING?
Real Estate Styling, formerly known as Home Staging is the marketing and creative process of preparing a home to sell quickly and for the highest price. The goal is to visually appeal to the broadest range of potential buyers, to sell quickly and for the highest possible price. It highlights the best features of your home and helps potential buyers connect both emotionally and visually to the home - to feel they are AT home, not in your home. This creative process is based on careful consideration of the potential targeted buyer, your homes style, your timeline and budget, and the value of comparable homes in the neighborhood. This process works to SELL quickly!
WHY IS real estate styling & HOME STAGING NECESSARY?
A Real Estate Styling & Staging is the most affordable and pro-active marketing strategy that today’s home sellers can use to help them sell fast, sell high, avoid sales price reductions and reduce additional costs associated with selling a home. First impressions of a home are made within 7 seconds, so your home needs to stand out from the crowd! Currently over 87% of buyers view listing photos online before scheduling a showing. A seller needs a strong on-line presentation and visual marketing plan in order to get their property sold. Styling & Staging a property BEFORE listing is crucial and critical if a home is not selling. The small investment in home staging is a fraction of the cost when compared to price drops and on-going month-to-month expenses, such as mortgage, taxes, utilities, and other liabilities.
IS real estate styling & STAGING EXPENSIVE?
No! A Fresh Look Design takes what you currently own and rearranges, de-clutters and resets the room to look new again. We highlight the features and downplay the negatives to show buyers "possibilities". We may suggest new accessories to dress up your home with a 'wow' factor. At AFLD we prefer to use accessories you already have in the home and we enjoy coming up with creative and thrifty solutions to save you time and money. The industry estimates that investing 1% of the homes value on Staging may brings an increase on profit of 7%. That means investing $5,000 on a $500,000 often brings an increase profit of $35,000. You can't afford NOT to stage your home!
HOW DOES THE PROCESS WORK?
We begin with a Walk & Talk. We walk through your home surveying each room and noting what to highlight and what to change. We see the home through a buyer's eyes! Our Staging process includes de-cluttering, changing furniture placement, adding accessories to highlight each room's finest features, and we take away items that distract a buyer from visualizing themselves living in your house. The ultimate goal of Home Staging is to place the home in the best showcase condition, so it sells at the best price and in the shortest time.
WHY SHOULD I style & STAGE AN EMPTY HOUSE?
Most people cannot visualize furniture placement or see the use of space in an empty house. Home staging can fill the buyers imagination of how they can LIVE in that home. We stage empty homes by furnishing each room so potential buyers see the purpose of each room and envision themselves living there. At A Fresh Look Design we think it is important to present people with choices, so we offer furnishings from our warehouse or several different rental furniture styles to select from to give you a custom look when staging an empty house for sale.
WILL I GET A RETURN ON THE MONEY I SPEND?
- A staged home sells on average 17% more than a home that is not staged (U.S. Housing and Urban Development).
- Sellers who spent just $500.00 on staging recovered 343% of the cost when they sold their home (Homegain.com).
- A 2009 survey of realtors showed Home Staging typically provides a 586% return on investment (Homegain.com).
- In controlled tests selling identical homes, professionally staged vs. non-staged, the non-staged homes sold in 102 days and the staged homes sold in 45 days (Real Estate Staging Association).
- The National Association of Realtors reported in July of 2008 the average first price reduction for a house is between 10%-20%. The average staging investment is between 1% and 3% of a home's asking price, yet generates a return of 8%-10% (National Association of Realtors).
- According to the National Association of Realtors, professionally staged homes sell on average for a 5% to 10% higher price. That equates to $15,000-$30,000 for a $300,000 home.
Your home is a large investment - stage and market it properly to see a greater return on your investment. Call us today to maximize your homes selling price and your profitability!
“As a simple rule of thumb, the investment in staging your home will always be less than the first price reduction on your home"
~ Barb Schwarz, the Creator of Home Staging